- Aug, 2023-Congratulations to Sam Whedon on being named a Charles A. King Trust Postdoctoral Research Fellow.
- Aug, 2023-We were delighted to host 7 undergraduate students over the summer and are grateful to each of them for their excellent work and for being wonderful colleagues. These students and their programs/support were: Emi Lundberg (Emory Univ., Emory summer scholarship), David Gragirenes (Univ. Puerto Rico, SHURP), Maggie Zhang (Emory Univ., BCMP Summer Scholars Program), Peter Nix (Univ. of Cambridge, PRISE), Rafael Dovarganes (Boston Univ., CURE), Adelina Andrei (Harvard Univ., PRISE), and Nour Ibrahim (Harvard Univ., HCRP).
- We welcome new post-doc Amanda Waterbury who has recently completed her Ph.D from Harvard University.
- We welcome new undergraduate students, Nouraldeen Ibrahim (Harvard University) and Adelina Andrei (Harvard University) to the group.
- Lab Lunch at Café Landwer!
- Check out this JACS Video Bytes: short summary of our recent JACS articles, “Structural Basis of Sirtuin 6-Catalyzed Nucleosome Deacetylation” and “Semisynthetic Approach to the Analysis of Tumor Suppressor PTEN Ubiquitination”! https://youtu.be/BH-9nMop7ps
- We bid farewell and wish the best of luck to postdocs Brad Palanski, who is starting a position at the new company in San Francisco, and Hwan Bae who is accepting a position at LG Chem.
- We welcome new Ph.D. students Hyojeon Kim and Tim O’Meara (Harvard Chemical Biology Program) to the group.
- Lab lunch at Hei La Moon!
- The lab celebrated Phil’s birthday with a small party at our group meeting. Happy Birthday Phil!
- We congratulate Hanjie Jiang and Hwan Bae for completing and receiving their PhDs at Johns Hopkins and Harvard, respectively, and are pleased to have them to stay on as post-docs.
- We welcome new post-docs Maheeshi Yapa Abeywardana and Eunju Nam who have recently completed their PhDs from Wayne State and KAIST, respectively.
- We have been delighted to host summer undergraduates Carolay Suarez (Bunker Hill Community College, SPARC Program), Kat Neal (Curry College, SHURP Program) and Bryant Miller (Sattler College)
- We welcome Ph.D. student Sarah Dubois-Coyne of the Harvard Chemical Biology Program to pursue her thesis research in our lab.
- Congratulations to Antonieta Salguero on completing her PhD and accepting a position at Eli Lilly.
- Congratulations to Dan Dempsey on his appointment as assistant professor and starting his lab at Boston University School of Medicine.
- Congrats to Jon Lee and his wife on the birth of their son, Elan!
- We congratulate Jon Lee on receiving an American Heart Association Postdoctoral Fellowship.
- Congrats to Nam Chu and his wife on the birth of their son, Benjamin!
- We congratulate Dr. Brad Palanski on being awarded an NIH NRSA postdoctoral fellowship from the NCI.
- We congratulate Dr. Nam Chu for accepting an assistant professorship at The Ohio State University in the Department of Cancer Biology and Genetics.
- We welcome Ph.D. student Maggie Chen to the group.
- Congrats to Dr. Sam Whedon on receiving an American Cancer Society Postdoctoral Fellowship.
- Congrats to Dr. Sam Whedon for winning a TMT Award Grant from Thermo Fisher Scientific. See the press release here.
- Congrats to Dr. Nam Chu on receiving an NIH K22 award from NCI.
- Congratulations to Dr. Dan Dempsey on receiving an NIH K99/R00 grantfrom NIGMS.
- Congratulations to graduate student Reina Iwase on receiving a Fujifilm Fellowship. An article about Reina and the fellowship can be found here: https://hms.harvard.edu/departments/giving/our-donors/fujifilm-fellowships-bolster-therapeutic-innovation
- We bid farewell and wish best of luck to postdocs Jay Kalin, who is starting a position at Johnson & Johnson, and Mingxuan Wu, who is beginning his independent career at Westlake University.
- The lab welcomes new graduate student Reina Iwase. Reina will be pursuing her PhD in the Harvard Biological and Biomedical Sciences Program.
- The group had fun at the Cole Lab summer outing
- Cole Lab alumni meet at the 2018 Bioorganic Chemistry GRC